Last updated on September 28th, 2020 at 07:09 am
Making Money online through Web Hosting in Kenya
Making Money Online Hosting in Kenya and receiving money from online ventures has been demystified in recent years. Five years ago, that is around 2010 making money or running a pure internet company was a mystery. During the time, colleagues at the university thought those who claim to make money online were drug peddlers who were concealing their actual sources of revenue.
This article will try to demonstrate the ease of making money online from Kenyans (for now). Check for another article on making money online from foreign clients.
Making money online in Kenya; start a web company in 6 or 7 steps.
Web Company is a company whose mission is to serve the web need of her clients. Some of the main services of such companies include web design and development, web hosting, email hosting, Google apps reselling, online marketing among others.
This articles will draw examples from Truehost Kenya and Kenya Web Experts; (the author has somehow been involved in the growth of these companies)
- Registering a business name may be the most ideal starting point (other guides will advise on registering a limited company, don’t waste your limited seed capital on these).
- Obtain a payment platform; you may go for MPESA Till number that did not exist in the yesteryears. Obtain it will be one of the best free resources as you start out.
- Come up with a simple website, maybe 5 pages (Home, Services, Portfolio, Pricing Contact) or Have a Top Web Design firm design it for you, maybe Truehost Kenya or Kenya Web Experts.
- Purchase a simple reseller package. Reseller package allows you to pay a small fee every month or annually for a space that you can host multiple domains on. Simple reseller packages could hold around 30 or so domains.
Truehost Kenya Reseller package
Truehost Kenya Reseller package goes for Ksh. 2,000 per month or Ksh. 20, 000 per year (4k discount). Kenya Web Experts goes for Ksh. 1500 or Ksh. 18000 per year. Both companies allow you to host up to 45 domains.
Quick math, host the 45 domains as per your package @ the market price of 2000 for domain and hosting you get Ksh. 90,000 this could be in weeks, a month, or a year depending on how committed you are. Then upgrade to the next reseller hosting package.
- With enough skills or resources, you may consider integrating the Till number to your domain and hosting ordering service (WHMCS) as provided by your reseller company. Truehost offers you free licensed WHMCS.
- Project your figures to see how much you can make, a lot of companies including but not limited to Truehost Kenya and Kenya Web Experts are making more than 45 domains in a week.
If you make that or on the downside, you manage 45 domains per month, you become a millionaire in terms of revenue…yes that easy.
Others have made it why not you, you are equally capable, take a phone and call Truehost Kenya or Kenya Web Experts and the rest is history as they say.
Oh yes…almost forgot – marketing.
- Marketing is not a department or activity anymore, any internet company of this era has to be growth hacked. Growth hacks your business, (find an article on growth hacking in this blog or elsewhere) growth hacking could be as simple as putting a poster showing how an individual can make money by referring a customer to your ‘firm’. At Truehost Kenya, CloudPap and Esacco people and companies earn up to 18 % in sales commission by just referring.
Get started or else…