Today, we are looking at GoDaddy Kenya.
See, GoDaddy is one of the most popular domain registrar and web hosting company headquartered in the US. Statistics state that one in every 20 websites is hosted by GoDaddy.
They currently have approximately 20 million customers, more than 9000 employees and they manage more than 80 million domains.
GoDaddy is one of the largest domain names registrars from whom you can get any domain extension, for example, .com, .law, .net, or .today.
Below is the pricing plan for domains:
- .cloud at £2.14
- .biz at £1.14
With GoDaddy, you can create a website for free and upgrade to the premium plans as your site grows. They have a variety of web hosting plans which include shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting.
One unique thing about GoDaddy is that they have web hosting services for both Linux and Windows hosting
GoDaddy Kenya has a WordPress optimized shared hosting service. Their servers are built in such a way as to produce high WordPress performance and also offer pre-installed WordPress providing a selection of themes.
Whichever products you sell, you can easily create a store that suits your brand and increase your chances of being found using the integrated marketing tools which you can also access from your mobile phone.
Email and office
Having an email for your business is just not enough. Most of the time, clients go for professional emails that have an address clearly showing that it is a business.
More so, it should be easy to remember that GoDaddy Kenya helps you with all the expert advice.
Godaddy Kenya Hosting
They provide dependable hosting to keep you online with 99.9% guaranteed uptime and 24/7 customer support.
GoDaddy offers shared hosting services which means that you share a server with other clients. this is an effective way of cutting costs especially if you have small or medium projects that do not necessarily require top-performing servers.
These are for individuals with special server configuration needs. The administrative access enables you to configure your server to your preferences. In addition, they offer higher performance as compared to shared hosting plans.
This type of hosting is dedicated to serving needs that are not met by the high performing VPS. With this, you can have your own server without others interfering with your work. Of course, this comes at a higher budget, but it is worth every penny.
Godaddy Kenya Features
GoDaddy is a well-resourced domain registrar with numerous features and tools that you can maximize to create an optimized site. We have tried to provide you with a comprehensive list of what you can expect. Here is a list of the most important features that you will require:
- Blog management
- Online payment processing
- Facebook business page creation
- Website hosting
- Website migration
- WordPress website hosting
- Daily backups and one-click store
- Purchase reminders for abandoned carts
GoDaddy Pros in Kenya
- Easy to use as they have an intuitive interface which is friendly even for beginners
- Provides more than 300 stunning templates and access to prebuilt websites which have industry-specific text and images
- Well equipped photo galleries and slideshows from where you can access more than 8700 professional stock images
- Simple design tools which use a drag and drop editor
- Great page loading speed. It is possible to have an average page loading time of 554ms over the past 24 months
- Offers Windows-based hosting
- Designs are mobile-friendly which happens automatically once you switch devices.
- Good uptime of up to 99.97%
- Offers generous storage for all your files with their base plan offering you up to 100GB storage
- Access to over 125 integrations that you can install to your site
- Unlimited bandwidth for all hosting plans
- Offers free email and a free domain for the first year
Good customer service with 24/7 live chat support, phone support, and a knowledge base.
Godaddy Cons in Kenya
- Expensive as compared to others. It becomes even more expensive when basic add-ons like backups and SSL certificates are purchased.
- Lacks back-ups. As their system lacks one, you can only access the paid add-on
- Lacks an SSL. As it is a very important part of your website, you have to purchase one.
- Lacks advanced features like Git repositories
- They do not help you migrate your website from another host
- A confusing money-back guarantee
GoDaddy Kenya Pricing
With GoDaddy, you can create a site for free using the free plan and then upgrade it as you continue.
Below are the pricing plans that are available:
GoDaddy Alternatives in Kenya
The market provides a range of options for you. Below are a few GoDaddy alternatives that you can consider for domain registration and hosting.
Truehost is arguably the best web hosting provider in Kenya, thanks to affordable packages and cheapest domain prices in the market.
While Godaddy is selling .ORG domain for KES 1034.62, Truehost is offering it at KES 899.
This means that you save at least KES 135.62 when you register a .com domain with Truehost.
Besides, our customer service is available 24/7/365. Whenever you have any issue, you can easily reach out through email, call, live chat, or social media. Whichever works for you.
One more thing, learn how to create a free website in Kenya