The .co.ke domain is the most popular of all domain name extensions offered by KeNIC (Kenya Network Information Center), the organization that operates Kenya’s country code Top Level Domain registry. It accounts for 90% of all domains offered by KeNIC, distantly followed by .or.ke at 2.54% and .ke at 2.4%.
The popularity of this domain extension in Kenya is based on the advantages that it offers local businesses and organizations domiciled in Kenya. These include:
- The .ke domain gives an entity, business or organization identity as 100% Kenyan. As a regional tech hub and a world leader in innovations, having a Kenyan identity is something prestigious, and choosing a dot ke domain name gives you this identity.
- .ke domain is safe, secure and trusted, having been in use in Kenya for many years. It is run by Kenya Network Information Center (KeNIC), a branch of the Communication Authority (CA) of Kenya.
- Using a .ke domain helps you get found by Kenyans online. This is important because every website has a target audience, and for businesses and organizations in Kenya, they need to majorly reach Kenyans who are online.
- Choosing a .ke domain helps you get the exact web address. This one major advantage which .com and other top level domains lack, since almost every name has already been taken. This means that you are very likely to get a domain name of your choice, which can be short, creative and matching your name.
- There are highly experienced registrars, such as TrueHost Cloud, which offers reliable support services.
That tells it all. If you want a domain name, consider getting a .co.ke from Truehost Cloud.