- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager:
- On the taskbar, click Server Manager, click Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
In the Connections pane, expand the server name, and then click Application Pools.
- In the Actions pane, click Add Application Pool….
- In the Add Application Pool dialog box, enter the name of the application pool in the Name: box, in the .NET Framework version: drop-down list select the .NET Framework version your site or application uses, in the Managed pipeline mode: drop-down list select Integrated or Classic, and then click OK.
- In the Connections pane, expand Sites, and then navigate to the Web site or application you want to add to the application pool.
- In the Actions pane, click Advanced Settings…
- In the General section of the Advanced Settings dialog box, click the Application Pool entry, and then click the ellipses button.
- In the Select Application Pool dialog box, select the application pool from the Application pool: drop-down box, click OK, and then click OK again.