Last updated on February 25th, 2021 at 04:10 pm
Businesses have become a common norm for all people. Every day different businesses are starting up. how to market a business online in Kenya is our today’s headline.
Businesses have become easy to start even without cash. People have employed creativity in the business world and have come up with strategies to grow the business.
However just like before starting a business one has to have a plan and a budget. These two help one choose the best way to market and grow the business.
The online platform has provided businesses an opportunity to reach out to many people and create awareness without struggles.
Having a way to communicate and exchange ideas without having to force is the best way to run the business. Customers love giving feedback and love when their queries are dealt with fast.
Here is how to market a business online in Kenya
1. Create a blog
This is an information page where one can post updates, stories related to the business, and also terms and conditions.
The blog also can be a forum for the customers to post their feedback and recommendations. It can also be used to share different views from the business.
A blog should be updated daily and content posted should be optimized. Customers should always be interested in reading posts thus their share and increase traffic.
2. Connect with social media
This is another internet market that keeps growing each and every day. Everyone uses social media daily either to communicate, find updates, and many other reasons.
There are many platforms that one can target and leverage. Here is the list of most common platforms one can use:
- LinkedIn groups- these are hubs where professionals link to share content, find answers, post, and view jobs, make business contacts, and establish themselves as industry experts.
- Facebook ads- these are short videos that people can watch that are aimed at promoting a product or service.
- Youtube tutorials- tutorials are informative videos or procedures one takes before completing a certain task.
- Leveraging Instagram and Twitter followers- one can post how to market a business online in Kenya and get reviews.
3. Promotions and free products and services
Creating publications is a way of reaching people. It works and has been working for a long time ago. It all has to do with message delivery.
People love getting offers and services for free. One can customize different offers according to customers’ preferences and tastes.
Combining a promotion and free offers creates a good market awareness. It also helps customers know what product suits them.
4. Use the three big local listing services
These are marketing grounds for all people. The listings are search engines that will assist your business get recognition.
These listings are:
- Google Place– allows your business to be found easily and also shows up on Google maps from the searches.
- Yahoo– it is a free listing that allows businesses to reach a wide variety of people easily.
- Microsoft Bing– also a search engine that helps grow the business traffic and creates awareness.
5. Cultivating customer relations with email marketing
This strategy is for targeting specific customers. One also has to be careful when using this approach; the content being sent ought to be informative, interesting, and not lengthy.
Having great content that is reputable makes customers want to follow up and in following up they end up promoting your business.
6. Press Releases
Talking to the media is the best way to reach many people. However, at times it’s not effective due to many communication and network barriers.
Every time the business does something newsworthy, don’t hesitate to hold a press release. This is a powerful tool that generates publicity, and the free distribution of the news is a bonus.
Press releases can help to promote a product or service. They can also act as a forum to get feedback and questions from customers.
7. Being part of a community and contributing
Online communities are the best way to share ideas, resources, and much industry-related information.
There many different platforms that one can use but the most important is to cultivate rapport with the community.
Once you have created rapport one can then start passively promote the business by putting a link in your signature or mentioning it only when the context is appropriate.
8. Affiliate and Associate Programs
Affiliates are a good way to market the business. This way encourages visitors to keep informing people for they get rewards.
As it goes there is nothing for free; people who believe in your company can share your information and grow your market on a commission-based platform.
9. Using Google tools
Google has given everyone an opportunity to grow their businesses. It has provided the following tools one can use to market and grow the business:
- Google Analytics- it is an analysis tool that shows one, tracks, and reports website traffic and from there one can know what to do.
- The Google Search Console- is an indexing tool that allows one to check the status and optimizes the visibility of their websites.
- Google My Business listing- it is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google.
There are many other Google tools available to use either for free or paid for. Give that business a boost with Google.
Having an idea on how to market a business online in Kenya, is great this means that you can the business to other high levels.
Don’t be afraid of trying something new. It is from trying that one knows what works for the business.