What is email hosting? If there is one thing that blogs and websites have become extremely fond of, it’s email.
It is so much more than just another way for them to keep in touch with their readers. If you have been paying attention, you’ll know that emails are here to stay…and they are not going anywhere.
In fact, many people would argue that the future of the internet is right here in our inboxes, waiting to be discovered.
What is email hosting in Kenya?
Email hosting is a service where you host your emails on a third-party server.
The server acts as the backend for your emails, accepting and sending your emails as well as relaying messages from your end. The email hosting service is often but not always a web hosting service.
When you sign up for an email hosting service in Kenya, you usually have the option of choosing between two types of hosting: web hosting or email hosting.
If you choose the latter, your email will be hosted on an email server. The email hosting service you choose must offer the features you need in order to operate your email successfully.
When you receive an email from a service other than your own, you can rely on the email hosting service to take care of the delivery.
Why does email hosting matter?
For one, it removes the need for you to spend countless hours managing emails.
Email hosting services in Kenya handle the bulk of your email workload, letting you focus on what really matters – your blog or business.
They also let you target your emails very specifically, with plenty of space to add extra information and links to your blog’s resources. With email hosting, you can even host unlimited emails without paying extra for domain registration and hosting.
At the same time, email hosting allows you to access your emails wherever you are. You don’t need to be at your computer in order to check your email. All you need is an internet connection.
At the end of the day, email hosting services are a great way to take control of your business and your emails. They also allow you to take advantage of the flexibility that email offers so that you can use it as an effective tool for promoting your blog or business.
Differences Between Domain, Email Hosting, and Web hosting
Some of the major differences between domain, email hosting, and web hosting are the following:
a). Domain hosting
A domain name is a unique identifier for your website. It is a web address that represents a website on the internet.
This is the unique web address that identifies your business on the internet.
Domain hosting allows you to point your domain to any web host that you want, as long as they accept it and you can pay for it.
b). Email hosting
Email hosting allows you to send and receive email messages from your domain name. You can create as many different email addresses as you want, but only one of them can be active at one time.
The information in the email will come from your domain name. Email hosting services are usually offered by web hosts who offer other services such as web design, website development, or blogging solutions.
c). Web hosting
Web hosting is where your website gets hosted on a server where other people can access it through their browser (whether it’s a computer or a mobile device).
Think of it as the home of your website.
Now, to set up a blog, you will need a domain name and web hosting. With these two, you can easily create email accounts using the domain name.
For instance, if your domain is example.com, you can create an email like [email protected].
That email will be hosted alongside your domain.
But if you don’t want a website, you can still host your email ([email protected]) separately on its own server.
And that is where email hosting comes in.
Free vs. Paid Email Hosting Services
When deciding between a free and paid email hosting service, it’s best to look at the types of emails you plan on hosting. Some of the most popular email hosting services are provided for free, but there are also paid options.
The main thing to keep in mind is that free email hosting services will often have fewer features than paid email hosts. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Free email hosting: These services are usually very limited in terms of the amount of data you can host and the number of emails you can send and receive. You won’t have full control over your emails, and you may not even be able to export your emails to other programs. These services are usually very slow due to the nature of the hosting. A good example of free email hosting is GMAIL and Yahoo.
- Paid email hosting: Paid email hosts have unlimited storage space, easy-to-use interfaces, and reliable networks. You can clearly see from the point above that these email hosts offer a lot more than a free one. These hosts are also much faster and allow you to easily export your emails.
Mail Servers: ISP, POP3, IMAP & Cloud
Mail servers are the devices that deliver your emails. They are the ones that actually grab emails from your email provider and send them to your email client (like Thunderbird).
- ISP Hosting: ISP hosting means that the mail server will be hosted on your ISP’s network, which means that you’ll have to use your ISP’s email client. This is the most common type of hosting.
- POP3: This type of hosting is similar to ISP hosting, except that it uses POP3 as its mail protocol. This means that you will have to open your email client and check for new mail using your ISP’s mail server.
- IMAP: IMAP is the protocol used for accessing email. As opposed to POP3, which stores your emails on your ISP’s servers, IMAP allows you to access your email from anywhere that you have an internet connection.
- Cloud Hosting: Cloud hosting is the newest type of hosting. It’s hosted on the cloud, which means that your email provider will store all of your emails on their server and deliver it to you. This is a very fast method of hosting, but it’s also more expensive than other types
How To Choose The Best Email Hosting Provider For You?
It is important to research providers carefully to make the right choice for you.
Choosing the right host for your email service doesn’t just depend on looking at the technicalities of the host; it also has to do with the reputation of the hosting company on the market. Choosing the right company for your email service also depends on the email service you want to use.
There are many email services to choose from. Some of the most popular services are Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, and Outlook.com.
When you’re looking for an email service provider, it’s essential that you know the type of email service you want. You can choose between a free or paid email service provider.
The free email host will allow you to send and receive emails through your personal computer. It is recommended to use a free host if you have limited resources and have no need for other features like webmail or advanced search options on your account.
It is also advisable to use a free host if you do not require a lot of storage space or other features that may be available in an advanced hosting package. If you want to use an advanced feature of your account, it is always better to pay for hosting than to use a free option with limited features.
The paid email service provider will allow you to send and receive emails through your personal computer but also through other devices like smartphones or tablets through webmail which is accessed through any device having an internet connection.
Premium email hosting allows access to all features of the account like webmail and advanced search options if needed by the user as well as storage space that they may require depending on their needs and requirements.
There are several factors that can influence your decision on which host is best for your needs; these include
- the type of email service that you need
- how much storage space do you require
- what kind of security measures do you need
- what features do you need and what is the cost of your email service provider.
If you are looking for the best email service provider in Kenya then you’ve found it.
Check our prices below.